I finally did some shopping this week. Due to all my pregnancy sickness, this is the first time I've gone grocery shopping in about 6 weeks! (That goes to show you the value of stockpiling groceries; we've been living off what was in the pantry all this time!) Anyway, my brain was obviously not completly back with the program yet. Harris Teeter's E-vic deal for this week was Buy 3 Kellogg's cereals, get $2 off HT brand milk. Plus there was a separate catalina deal that started today to Buy 3 Kellogg'scereals, get a catalina for a free gallon of milk. Smart Start was the only Kellogg's cereal on sale this week, and it was $3.00 I had $.70 coupons that doubled (only had 2). The milk was $2.89, so with the $2 off it should have been $.89. The only problem was that I got to the car and realized that I had bought the cereal but not the milk! I went back in and told them what had happened, though, and they let me buy a gallon of milk for $.89. So with the catalina for the free milk, I ended up with 2 gallons of milk and 3 boxes of cereal for $7.09. Overall, I was very happy with the deals I got for my first time back in the game. I spent about $35 total for all my groceries, and that includes trying to restock some things I've cleaned out of the pantry and restocking on some meat too!
How did you do this week? Did you get any great deals with your coupons or have any interesting experiences? Link in or leave a comment and let me know!


2 comments:

  1. And it looks like you got the Smart Start with the mail-in rebate form inside so if you haven't done this MIR yet your total OOP would only be about $4.

    Thanks for reminding me about the catalina/ E-VIC deals. Now I just have to figure out if there is anything else at HT worth my time...it doesn't seem too great this week :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Job! I am a long time lurker, but first time commenter! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete