Deals for a new store - Publix!

Intoduction to Publix or
"Why I love Club Pub!"

I would like to begin publishing highlights of the weekly deals for one of my local stores - Publix. You can check out their website here. They are store that is only in the southern states of TN, AL, GA, SC and FL right now. Check here to see if you have one in your area. I hope that if you have a store in your area that this will be beneficial to you and if you have never shopped there before, like me, you may be in a surprise as to some of the great deals to be had there.


Publix store policies:
  • Weekly ads - sales in my area start on Wednesdays and end on Tuesdays. Check your store as yours might start on Thursdays and end on Wednesdays.

  • Doubles coupons - doubles any coupon up to .50 everyday

  • BOGO deals - They have many BOGO deals each week. You do not have to buy 2 items as each item will ring up at half price.

  • Coupon booklets - They also frequently will have coupon booklets in the front or throughout the store containing both Publix store coupons and manuf. coupons.

  • Advantage buys - These are sales that run for about 3 weeks and are published in a flyer up front that always has store and/or manuf. coupons in it as well.

  • Using 1 store coupon and 1 manufactor's coupon on 1 item - Publix will allow you to use 1 Publix store coupon and 1 manuf. coupon on 1 item. For example last week in their advantage buy booklet there was a Publix store coupon for $2.00 off any Covergirl product plus I had coupons from the last P&G for $1.00 off any Covergirl product. They had single eyeshadow compacts for $2.99. Here is how my deal worked: $2.99 - $2.00 Publix cpn - $1.00 manuf. coupon = $-0.01! I have been able to get many great deals with this store policy.

  • My favorite - they accept competitor's coupons!! Publix stores vary by location on what they consider to be competitors based on the stores that are located around them. I am lucky to have a CVS, Walgreens, Publix, and Kroger all within a mile stretch so Publix considers all those stores to be competitors. So if I have a Kroger store coupon on an item let's says $1.00 off Peter Pan Peanut Butter - Publix will accept this coupon. You ask why would I want to use it at Publix and not at Kroger. Say the sale price at Kroger is 2.00 (reg price 2.99)- I could use this coupon there and get the peanut butter for 1.00. But if Publix reg. price is 2.99 and peanut butter is BOGO that week making it 1.49 each, I could use the coupon at Publix and pay .49 for the peanut butter. Also they accept " before coupons reaches the purchase requirement. They also accept Walgreens Register Rewards as a competitor coupon. Once again great deals to be had with this store policy!!

  • Penny item - In the ad that comes in the paper on Sunday there is a coupon usually on the front page that states "See What 1¢ Gets!" It is only good Sunday and Monday. You must purchase at least $10.00(before coupons) and you can then get whatever item they have chosen that week for 1¢. It is usually a Publix brand item and things I have gotten in the past are : 1/2 gallon milk, paper towels, baked beans, kleenex, soda, potato chips, candy, iced tea, tortilla chips and much more.

  • Rainchecks - Because of their great BOGO deals they frequently are out of products but their customer service is great about giving rainchecks. I always ask for one if something I was wanting was out and just pick it up on my next trip to the store.

I hope this has encouraged you to check out your local Publix if you have one. I sure have enjoyed shopping there and am excited about sharing the future deals with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment