Sunday Sustenance


I am glad that MaryEllen started this part of her blog and I am excited to continue it and share something each week with you that the Lord has laid on my heart or is doing in my life.

Of course today we celebrate Easter - a holiday in which we celebrate and remember the resurrection of Christ. I enjoy this holiday very much. Maybe because it is nestled in the beginning of spring when the weather is becoming warm, trees and flowers are budding, and all of this new life reminds me of the new life that we can have in Christ because of His death and resurrection for us. I look forward to the songs that are sung around this time in church that seem to make my heart swell with thankfulness that Christ not only died on the cross for ME but He rose again and is preparing a place for ME in heaven. I hope in all the busyness that each holiday brings you will see beyond the bunnies and baskets and remember the true meaning of this holiday - Christ died on the cross to pay for your sins, was buried, and rose again on the third day! Out of all of the religions in the world there is only one that people can visit the tomb of the leader and find it empty!

I had the privilege of visiting Israel on a missions trip after high school and this is a picture of the "Garden Tomb" there outside of Jerusalem. We had a wonderful Sunday service sitting there in the garden singing songs and reflecting on the resurrection. I love this picture of the open and empty tomb!!

Here are the words to my one of my favorite songs that tells the Easter story:

"He is Risen"
Men in sorrow saw him there
On the cross He chose to bear.
When He died they low'red Him down,
Wrapped Him in his burial tomb.

Laid Him down and sealed the tomb.
Wandered off to face the gloom.
Roman soldiers watch the scene;
Guard the buried Nazarene.

Two days passed; the third begun,
Satan watched the rising sun.
Though He thought that Christ was dead,
Christ would bruise the Serpent's head;

Chorus:
HE IS RISEN, the grave is empty.
Death would try to conquer Him but He had victory.
None could keep Him in that cave;
Foll'wers found an empty grave,
HE IS RISEN, Behold the empty tomb!

I would love to hear what you think and what the Lord is doing in your life! Feel free to leave a comment. If you have any questions about anything I mentioned, please email me and I will be happy to answer you.

No comments:

Post a Comment