Guest post: Have you tried Swaptree yet?

Have you heard of swaptree? If not you are like me! I never had heard of it until a reader emailed me about it. She has graciously agreed to write a guest post sharing how it works with us. I can't wait to try it myself!


The following is a guest post by Sharon Williams of Here's what I found.

I hate having stuff sitting around the house that I no longer need or want. What do I do with extra DVDs, CDs, Books, & Game system games? I post them on Swaptree. There are no points or credits to earn, no cost per transaction, no searching for matches. You simply post the titles of what you have, make a quick list of what you want and Swaptree does the rest.

Last week I posted a Star Wars Lego Gamecube game that we no longer wanted on swaptree. The next day I received an email saying I would receive Super Paper Mario Wii game in exchange. All I have to do is mail the Gamecube game (media mail rate costs less than $2.00) and I will go to my mailbox in about a week and get my new Wii game.

Here’s how it works:



  1. Create an account at swaptree.com (no credit card required of course) Gather your books and media you want to get rid of.

  2. Just type in the UPC or ISBN number of the item.

  3. Swaptree will automatically bring up the picture and description of item.

  4. You tell what kind of condition the item is in.

  5. Once you have listed all the things you have.... it's time to find the items you want.

  6. Type in the search box the item you would like to have.

  7. Click on 'want it'.

  8. List as many things as you can on your want list and have list. Your odds for a quick match go up the more items you have! Don't worry if you don't get a match right away. We've been a member for a little over 2 years and have completed over 60 trades! Sometimes we'll hit a month where we complete 3 or 4 swaps then there will be dry times when we don't get a swap at all. It all depends on what you have listed and who else is swapping.

  9. Now comes the fun part. - Swaptree will match you with someone who has what you want and wants what you have.

  10. You will get an email asking if you want to 'accept this trade'.

  11. You type in your password and click accept.

  12. Then you mail your item to them and they mail you the item you want. (I always save mailing envelopes from samples etc, so I never have to buy them)

Win -win for everyone! It's fun to think that we 'swap' stuff with people all over the country!

Ready to sign up and start swapping your unwanted media for something you really want? Click here!!


------------


Sharon Williams writes for Here's what I found and is a part-time working mother of 3 (ages 2, 4, 7). She loves to find deals and pass on the easy savings to others. Thank you for allowing me to share about a great way our family has found to enjoy movies, music and games without spending a lot of money.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds great....

    But here is my question.....

    How does this site make $$. All sites cost $$ to maintain. I see that they have ads, but is that really enough?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have to send it directly to someone? Or is there an "middleman"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Sharon - I posted the guest article on Swaptree. Here's a few answers to your questions.....

    1. The site must be supported by clicks and ads. You can also print out postage on the site (if you do, you have to enter a credit card number and pay a $1 fee - maybe they get some $ from that). I have never done it that way) They must be making $ since the site is still going strong after at least 2 years.

    2. You send the dvd directly to a person. Swaptree sends you the address after you accept the trade.

    More questions? Contact me at sharonwilliam73@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete