Sunday Sustenance

I have been so busy the last few weekends and have really missed having time to share with you on my "Sunday Sustenance" post.

Here's what the Lord has been doing in my life this week:

My husband and I got some disappointing news last Saturday. I was so discouraged and just wanted to cry. But I am so glad that I have a Heavenly Father that knows what I am going through and will supply the encouragement that I need when I need it. Our services on Sunday were especially more meaningful to me as this situation was constantly in the back of my mind. On Sunday evenings our Pastor has been going through a series on the names of God and the names that we are called in the Bible. Last Sunday was on "Christ is the Shepherd and we are the Sheep." He used many comparisons between real life shepherds and sheep and how they relate to us:
  • Sheep are difficult to shepherd because they have an inclination to panic - just what I was doing about this situation!
  • Sheep need a Shepherd - I needed to leave this situation in God's hand since He knows and can do all things!
  • Sheep are valuable to the Shepherd - I am valuable to God and He is looking after me even though I had felt very alone in this situation.

We then read through Psalm 23 and it meant more to me this time than all the other times had read through it. Here's the familiar passage:

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

I am so thankful that the Lord is MY Shepherd!! And that He will not leave me to feed in a brown, weedfilled pasture, but will lead me beside the still waters, supply my everyday needs, and will be with me every step of the way!

I hope this is an encouragement to you as well. If you are going through a tough time, you don't have do it alone. The Lord will be your shepherd and will provide for you if you only ask and let Him. Read more about how to develop this relationship with God here or email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment